Monday, May 5, 2014

Reaction: Bowling for Columbine Documentary

In class we are learning about documentaries and how there are several sub-genres within the general theme documentaries. We watched an interactive/reflexive documentary by Micheal Moore called Bowling for Columbine. This documentary focused in on gun rights and the tragedies that happen because of guns.
Overall, I feel  that Moore did a good job at providing insightful facts and helping to uncover the harmful things guns are capable of. He had several stories about gun violence that helped to support his claim that guns are dangerous. I enjoyed that he interviewed many people and he got many opinions on the topic.
But, I also have some constructive criticism. I feel that the film was very unorganized and the information was scattered. He would switch topics so fast that it was confusing as to what he was talking about at certain times. Also, I felt that some of the information he mentioned was unnecessary and had absolutely nothing to do with gun rights. If I was in Moores position I would also make sure to always go back to Columbine and talk about that since that was his central idea, or I would change the title for it to be called gun rights rather than focusing on one specific incident.
Although, I would change several things I do feel that the documentary was very influencing because it really did make you think, why is America so violent? I think the information provided was great and it helped to make Moores opinion relevant!

No comments:

Post a Comment